
When I turned 40, I started wondering where my life had gone. I hadn't ever been married, didn't have any kids, when all my friends around me had their own families. Another six years on and nothing has changed. But what had I done to change that? Nothing. The old head in the sand trick I guess. Work had sustained me. Friends to go out drinking with on a Friday night. I kept telling myself I didn't need anything else. I didn't need someone to love me. I could do it all on my own. Nothing was missing. Or so I told myself.
All that changed about six months ago when I started "chatting" to a guy online. It started off innocent enough as we "battled" one another over our pics to see who would get the most votes. We would send each other messages online commenting on the battle. Eventually we swapped mobile numbers and we would text one another every day to say hello and how was your day. We spoke on the phone for hours on end learning things about the other. I was starting to really like this guy I had never met and wondered how he felt about me. After a month of talking we finally made a date to meet up. Public place of course :)
As you may have guessed, we have been together ever since and the different emotions that run through me on a daily basis is scary at times. My life has been turned upside down as we get to know each other. Learning to adapt from a solitary life to having to think about another person and how they would feel about what I do and say. It's hard work, but something I am willing to work on . Let's hope he is willing to stick around to learn with me.



No comments:
Post a Comment